Custodian Investment Plc (the Group) is an investment company with significant holding in companies and brands including Custodian and Allied Insurance Limited, Custodian Life Assurance Limited, Custodian Trustees Limited and Crusader Sterling Pensions Limited all rendering best in class services in their respective spheres.
For all intents and purposes, this policy applies to the following companies and brands;
- Custodian Investment Plc
- Custodian Life Assurance Limited
- Custodian and Allied Insurance Limited
- Custodian Trustees Limited
- Adapt (www.adapt.ng)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Complete any of our physical or electronic forms in relation to any of our products or services. For example, completing a claims form or purchasing an insurance policy via our digital channels
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our online contact us forms or via email
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
- Download and use our mobile app (Adapt)
- Use our USSD service
- Use our chatbot (Max)
- Use our interactive voice response (IVR) and/or contact centre service
- Interact with any of our agents and/or brokers
Our Company may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Nigerian Interbank Settlement Service (NIBSS) Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Nigerian Insurance Industry Database (NIID) Application programming interfaces (APIs)
- Social media sites and apps
- Your email address
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- Process your request for any of our products and services in addition to facilitating a more efficient and more customized relationship with you
- Send you an email or SMS with additional information about our products and services or special offers
- Customize your experience with our mobile app and other digital channels
- In order to process certain transactions, Our Company will share your data with our partner companies so that you may be offered a product service bundle or any of their services at competitive prices. These include;
- Fitness service companies and Gyms
- Travel agencies in relation to travel service bundles
- Car tracking service companies
- Digital life style service companies
- In addition, for certain transactions or processes, we may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from reference agencies to detect or prevent fraudulent transactions.
How do we store your data?
Our Company securely stores your data in very secure databases in our data centre (on-premise and cloud) protected by perimeter firewalls and intrusion detection devices. We will continue to enhance the security of your data by upgrading our security infrastructure to safeguard against new threats as they emerge.
Our Company will keep your personal data for in-active accounts (insurance policies, etc) for a period of 15 years. Once this period has elapsed, we will delete your data by purging the records from our active database.
Our Company would like to send you information about our products and services which we think you might be interested in, as well as those of our partner companies.
You have the option to opt out of all marketing messages
You have the right at any time to stop Our Company from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Our Company Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any of your personal information which you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete any of your personal information which you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer your personal data to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
When you make a request, we will provide a response within one (1) month. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Call us on: Phone: (+234)12774000-9
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
- Keeping your session active
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a different types of cookies. However, our website uses:
– Our Company uses these cookies to enable us recognize you on our website and to remember your previously selected preferences. These could include your location and language preference. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
– Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can disable cookies on your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Call us: (+234)12774000-9